LinkedIn is one of the best business social networking websites in the world. It is used in most countries around the world and people are using it to find jobs, boost their careers, network, or build their business profile.
If you’re new to LinkedIn or you haven’t used it in a while, you should get back on it and update your profile. There are many reasons why LinkedIn can help you.
Here is that LinkedIn can do for you:
- You can build a free profile about your employment history
- You can use their tools to improve your skills
- You can look for jobs
- You can connect with others or follow them
- You can read content created by businesses or individuals
- You can search for and join groups
- You can catch up with old friends and acquaintances
- You can meet new people
But what if you are at the next level, the point where you just want to build up more connections and followers? Numbers matter to a lot of people. People see that others have 500+ connections or 700+ followers and they wonder how that happened.
There are lots of reasons why people have hundreds or thousands of followers or connections:
- They have been using LinkedIn for many months or years
- They are generally popular or well known
- They provide lots of useful or interesting content, which can lead to interest by others
But how can you get more followers and connections on Linkedin? Generally, more followers can help build your brand and then, hopefully, grow your business and increase sales. People often ask how to increase their followers and connections.
Here are my suggestions:
- Create posts with interesting angles or suggestions
- Engage with others sincerely
- Join groups you’re interested in
- Be an active part of alumni groups
- Comment on other posts
- Be willing to connect with others
- Learn how others engage with their followers or connections
- Provide useful information
- Create timely content related to changes in software or work conditions
- Be active on at least a weekly basis, if not daily
- Be respectful and professional at all times
- Be considerate to all others on the platform
These are just a few suggestions to helping build your personal profile and brand on LinkedIn. There are many other things you can learn to do as you spend more effort on networking. Keep working at it and eventually more connections and followers will come naturally and organically.
I have written this articles based on my own personal experiences with LinkedIn and my profile is publicly available. Your results may vary.
Please remember to always be respectful and considerate on LinkedIn and remember that it is a business networking site. Use LinkedIn to help build your professional profile and network with others. You may find that it is one of the most useful websites in the world.