9 Easy Ways To Promote Your Career And Improve Prospects While You’re Home During Isolation Or Lockdown
Don’t let being away from work or colleagues affect your career trajectory
The world is changing in big ways all of a sudden. Families are being told to stay home and keep away from work, school, and almost everywhere else. It is almost too much to handle all at once.
What can people do about it? Well, not much, to be honest. We all need to follow the rules and orders of our government so that we can limit or stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Do not let these big changes affect your passion for your job, occupation, or business. You can still do many things from home to help your career and don’t let anything distract you from that.
- Keep producing content. Yes, your website can go stale if it’s not being updated. If you’re a writer, you need to keep writing stories and articles. Whatever your business entails, you need to keep doing it as best you can.
- Respond to emails and messages. Either by phone, email,or chat, you need to keep up on good customer service.
- Micro-blogging. If you have a micro-blog like Twitter, you need to keep doing it. Don’t stop it altogether.
- Advertising. You might consider shifting a lot of your ads to go online. It’s a fact that hundreds of millions of people will be spending a lot more time than usual on their computers, tablets, and phones.
- LinkedIn. This site is one of the biggest and most popular in the world, and for good reason. You have got to keep networking now more than ever, and keep updating your business profile too if you have one.
- Client servicing. If you have clients, a lot of them are really going to want their projects finished. Everything is going to crucial and time-sensitive all at once, so try and stay on top of things as much as you can.
- Email subscriber lists. A lot of businesses, small business owners, or content producers use these to build up their subscriber list. Check into the process for creating one for yourself or your company.
- Videos. Millions of people create video content and use videos on Youtube or other video services to showcase their work and it often helps bring in new clients.
- Photos. While you may not be able to drive around taking photos of locations or destinations for your business, you might be able to find them free online. Make sure to give proper credit as needed or required.
The world seems to almost be in panic mode, and in some places it really is. Entire businesses are closing down fast and that will have ripple effects on all kinds of other individuals and companies that service them. This worldwide crisis is likely to negatively impact every corner of the planet.
The good news is that the internet still works and millions of people can work from home or telecommute. If you have a small business or you are an entrepreneur, you can keep your business alive. Just keep working hard every day on building your content, your clients, and your company.