9 Nifty Tips To Help You Win Your March Basketball Bracket This Year
Stay in your basketball pool a long time and try to have the best bracket
It’s March again and that means basketball tournaments and brackets to fill out. For sports fans, this is one of the best times of the year.
People will rush to print their brackets and dream about having a perfect bracket. It’s almost completely possible, but hope springs eternal.
Are you going to accept the challenge this year to pick the teams that will make it to the big college basketball championship game in March? I think I know the answer.
I’ve completed my brackets for many years, and I’ll keep on doing it. Here are my tips:
- Top teams. It’s very important to figure out which basketball teams on your bracket are some of the best. There are plenty of websites to help you do this.
- Scoring offense. Can your favorite teams score like crazy, even upwards of a hundred points a game on average? This can certainly help.
- Scoring defense. A lot of people say that defense wins championships and there is a lot of truth to this. Find out if your favorite teams are good at scoring defense.
- Conferences. Which conferences in America are the toughest? This is very important if you are trying to figure out the best teams for your bracket. For example, the team with the best record in the toughest conference is a very good team, one of the best really.
- Coaching. Think of the coaches that are famous and how they got to be famous. A great coach can take a mediocre team a long way.
- Rebounding. Does rebounding matter? Yes, sometimes it matters more than anything else.
- Top players. Can you name the best basketball players in the country? If so, you know you players well. Think about how much they contribute to the success of their team.
- Field goal percentage defense. What is this? Well, some experts say it is the most important statistic when it comes to college basketball. It is the ability of a team to keep their opponents from scoring field goals or baskets, in percentage terms. If your basketball team has a great field goal percentage defense and they face really good teams, well that is something to think about.
- Strengths and weaknesses. It is important to take all of these factors and statistics together. Some teams are really great at scoring but not so good at defense. Other teams have top players but don’t play well together.
Good luck to you in all of the men and women college basketball bracket tournaments. Try to remember that these games are opportunities to shine for the students and they may not ever turn professional.
Have fun watching the games and cheering the teams. Best of luck to the choices in your bracket. Try to create one of the best brackets in the world.