Are Your Eyes Getting Their Regular Checkups?
Help them help you see better
Photo credit: Darrin Atkins
Your eyes are very important to your success and your life in general. Of course they are.
But when was the last time you had them checked by a health professional? If you’re anything like me, it’s probably been a while.
Here are some reasons why vision and eyecare are so important:
- Seeing clearly is a wonderful thing, because your eyes don’t have to work as hard as they would without corrected vision.
- Good vision is great for safety. Think of how many accidents could be prevented if everyone had good eyesight.
- Great eyesight can help you read people and their body language. Did that man or woman just wink at you or blink at you? Those mean different things in the world of social interaction. Yes, indeed.
- Glasses can be sexy. That’s right, at least I think so. Some eyeglasses are very cute and really complement people’s facial features.
- You could prevent blindness. A lot of people have serious vision problems that could lead to partial or full blindness. Get a checkup right away.
- Saving money is possible. I had the laser surgery on my eyes many years ago and I have saved a lot of cash that I would have spent on glasses.
- You or your children could get better grades. Some children or even college students can’t see the board and don’t have glasses, so their grades suffer and they get discouraged.
We all need reminders about our health care. I know I sure do.
If you have eyecare coverage and some free time on your schedule, I recommend that you get your eyes and vision checked. Bring along family members too.