If you have a chance for a new job or new opportunity, make sure you are available for it. You can be in the right place on a regular basis and also be at the right time.
How do you do it? There are things you can do.
- Be open to new opportunities
- Respond promptly when you are contacted
- Follow up as needed
Sometimes you may be presented with opportunities but it may not be the best time for you. What can you do you about it?
- Keep track of what it is
- Look for opportunities in the same field that fit your needs at a later date
- Create an alert so you can be notified later on about it
- Express your interest
- Keep in contact
If you have skills that match a type of work or different employers, it may be a good idea to be flexible if a new opportunity arises. For example, you may have a job now, but what if a window opens to a better one with great benefits and compensation?
- Be open to change
- Consider the new position and be ready to accept it if it fits
- Realize that the window of opportunity may close fast and never reopen
Life is full of chances and things you can choose. Be aware of the opportunities around you and be open-minded about the future.
You never know what good opportunities are coming your way. Be open to them and see where life can take you.
Photo credit: Darrin Atkins