If you are a writer online these days, you may be thinking about how you can be more successful and make more money. This is something that is really important to quite a lot of people.
Can you even make money as a writer? Yes, of course you can, but it takes a lot of work and even more commitment. Many writers come and go because they do not understand what is really necessary to be successful.
What are some simple and easy things that you can do to be a writer on Medium or elsewhere? I have some tips that you might find helpful
- Stay committed to your craft. Writing is not easy and you have to really believe in yourself and your future as a writer. Be willing to learn new ways to express yourself.
- Believe in yourself. A lot of writers online don’t think they have what it takes. Understanding that your unique voice matters is one of the biggest steps you can take as a writer. There are hundreds of great stories that can be told based on your life experiences. Use those moments in time to reach and teach others so that don’t do the same things that you did.
- Keep writing. It is easy to get distracted by life and everything else that is going on in your life. A big part of writing is writing something, regardless if it is great or not. Keep up the habit of writing.
- Build your network. You will likely see a lot of talk online about the importance of a group of followers. It cannot be overstated that you should want and need a solid group of connections. This group should support and encourage each other as much as possible.
- Use other apps and websites to promote your work. Twitter is an easy, free and simple way to expand your audience. Make sure to use it on a regular basis and build up your network.
- Consider a website. There are plenty of free or low-cost services that can help you build a website. Once you have that, you can include links to your writing and share it wih your friends and family members.
These are just some ideas I have to help you on your journey to being a successful writer. But remember, successv as a writer is much more than just how much money you make. That aspect should not define you.
When I think about being a writer, I think about all of the wonderful writers that I interact with on a regular basis. I think of reading their work and supporting them on their journey. I think of encouraging them and hoping they feel that they are appreciated.
There are many writers in the world, but you are the only one with your unique voice. Remember to channel your personal experiences and write from the heart. You will discover that when you write about your life lessons, that the writing comes quick and easy. Your work may be personal and introspective and people notice that and appreciate it.
You can be a writer. If you are having doubts, try to dispel them by getting busy and writing something. Soon enough you will be writing on a regular basis and encouraging others to do the same.