We have to stay positive and have fun. It can be hard to do for sure, but it is absolutely crucial that we find the joy and beauty around us. If we don’t, there’s a chance that worry and heartache will overwhelm us.
Here are some ways you can still find beauty and fun every day:
- Smell a rose
- Go for a walk
- Look up at the stars
- Find the moon
- Rock in a rocking chair
- Read a good mystery book
- Make breakfast for someone you love
- Watch for birds
- Play with your pet
- Dance with your lover
- Be romantic
- Check in on your old college online to see how it has changed
- Meet someone in a foreign country and communicate in their language
- Ask someone in Australia to write a story about their encounters with native animals
- Speak only in French for one day
- Debate someone regarding why Ricky Steamboat versus Randy Savage in WrestleMania III is the greatest wrestling match of all time
- Open the curtains and let the sunshine in
- Make fun homemade do-it-yourself costumes for the next holiday (and wear them at home if you can’t go out)
- Plan a dream vacation
- Learn Spanish and speak it often
- Email someone in the Yukon Territory and ask them about the Northern Lights
- Bake cookies
- Iron clothes and make them look wonderful
- Make homemade postcards with the phrase “Wish You Were Here" and mail them to friends and family
- Make a care package and send it to someone you love
- Research the cost of a tiny house in an affordable place to live
- Count your blessings
Give these suggestions a try. And then share them with others.
We have a lot to overcome in this world and we need everyone to do their part to experience some fun, happiness, and joy on a regular basis. You will be thankful that you did.
Peace and love to you.