Facing the hard truth really needs to be done
You might need some excitement and fire in your content.
What do you think?
The reality is that a sense of excitement, danger or reality is often just what the doctor ordered, so to stay speak.
What does that mean?
I’m not going to sugar coat anything. An extra bit of spice, fire or danger is sometimes what you need in your writing to get to your readers.
It’s time to be blunt. Be creative with your written work and throw in some honest reality. Add flavor to it.
Your reality has a lot of drama in it that can be explored and exploited. That’s what writers do so there is no shame or embarrassment in it.
Your personal history is full of years or decades of experiences that others can understand and appreciate. Consider grabbing some of those stories by the collar and letting them see the light of the world.
Here are some ideas about cold facts for the reality that we face on this planet. Maybe one of these can work for you in your writing.
- Life is short. That’s right, and it seems to be going a lot faster as you get older.
- Say what you want. I bet that person would have gone out on a date with me if I had just asked for her to do so. You have got to express your desires in words and wait for an answer.
- Dress nicer. This is cold but often quite true. Maybe people don’t want to hear it, but wearing decent unwrinkled clothes is a very big deal.
- Take care of your teeth. This fire fact is like a splash of cold water. You need to do everything you possibly can to brush your teeth, floss them, and make them last forever. It’s a very big deal.
- I might die one day. This is a scary fact and I don’t want to talk about it, and I will just pretend that I am going to live forever.
- You need to be sexy. All right, this might not be a real fact. It helps sometimes for some people…