Extra time at your house during self isolation means that you have to keep yourself occupied. It is very important to do something fun too.
If you have simple things around the house, then you probably have enough to do craft projects. Then just set a certain time every day for these fun activities.
What things can you use for craft projects?
- Cotton balls
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic strips
- Wood strips
- Buttons and beads
The list is endless and is only limited by your imagination. Every day could bring about new ideas, from yourself and others in the household.
Just make sure you keep all of your supplies in one bag or container so you have them ready each time. You can also designate a specific space or room to be used for crafts.
How do you come up with fun ideas for craft projects?
- The internet. There are millions of homemade craft ideas all over the web.
- Holidays. Check the calendar. If a holiday is coming up, think of how you can make homemade costumes or outfits. You can also make decorations.
- Birthday parties. The kids will still want to celebrate their birthdays. Have fun decorating.
- The garden. There are lots of things to be made for the garden, like birdhouses and hanging planters.
- Paper airplanes. Kids live these.
- School projects. The online teaching and learning by your school will probably have ideas for you or instructions to follow.
- And many more.
Have a lot of fun with your craft-making team and keep at it. We absolutely must keep ourselves occupied during this worldwide crisis.