Hello, my name is Darrin Atkins and I’m a writer here on Medium.
I hope you’re doing well.
We’ve never met in person but I feel like I have been friends with Medium writers for a long time, even if it’s been less than a year.
Here are some things about me. If you want, maybe one day you can tell me some things about you.
- I used to live in Los Angeles. Oh, I loved it down there and the weather is so wonderful, and you have all the palm trees and Santa Ana winds and beaches too. Okay, I could never handle the traffic so that’s why I left, but oh the memories I have of all the different places in L.A., but I tend to get emotional so let’s not go into to many details right now
- I used to work in wineries in Northern California and I wish I had stayed in that industry. I miss the smells of the vineyards and the sights of the grapes on the vine. I hope I have a chance again to walk around the giant vats of different wines, to have that ambiance of all the different machinery working away and the sight of all the wine bottles.
- I’ve spent a lot of time living and working in San Francisco, California, and it is easy to take this wonderful city for granted. But now that I think about it, I miss certain parts of it more than I thought I would. The sheer variety of restaurants there is so great that now that I’m elsewhere I really miss having to choose which Thai place to go to on the weekend. Okay, I don’t miss the night sounds of the city because I’m a very light sleeper and the sirens bothered me.
- These are just some of the places in California where I have lived part of my life, but there are other places too. I know that I’ve always had some of that wanderlust that pushes and pulls me into different places and new experiences. Maybe I should’ve played it safe and not chased after certain opportunities while I was young, because then I could have been more stable. But I didn’t.
- Now, here we are, and maybe you learned some things about me that you didn’t know before. How about you? If you ever feel like sharing or just chatting with me, you know how to find me. I’m not going anywhere.