The world can be a challenging place these days and people of all ages and ethnicities are facing serious challenges. There is also a lot of uncertainty about the future in certain countries.
What can one person do that can really make a positive difference? Yes, one person can have an impact and here are some suggestions.
- Take care of each other when times are tough
- Clean up your lawn and neighborhood
- Make sure safety is a priority in your town so people can stay safe
- Cook for each other or share cooking recipes
- Offer to help when you know that others are struggling
It is very easy to get lost in one’s own world and everything that is going on. But we often forget that our lives are also made up and influenced by the town in which we live and the country too. The world is a very small place after all.
How do we stay mindful of others and keep attuned to their needs?
- Listen more than you talk
- Figure out what is not being said
- Learn to understand body language and what is not being spoken
- Understand the economic forces of unemployment and how you can help by sharing information about which companies are hiring
- Provide information about food banks and groceries for families
People have a lot of pride in themselves and their abilities to make it in today’s world. Even though some may need help in the worst way, they may be too embarrassed to ask for it. Make sure you check in on family members or friends who may not be willing to talk about their struggles.
It feels great to help people and to know that your small efforts go a long way. You don’t have to give your money or belongings. Often, people just need someone to talk to, to let them know that things are going to get better.