Teenagers and pre-teens are a special group of individual who are looking for their personalities but are also concerned about how others perceive them. The importance of being accepted cannot be overstated. They want to be liked, want to fit in, and want to be a part of groups.
If you have a pre-teen or teenager at home during these months of home schooling due to the cornonavirus, you may be thinking of ways o keep them occupied. After all, it is going to be rather easy to get to that stir-crazy stage within the confines of home.
What can you do about it? Well, after the online schooling part of the day is over, you can set aside time for them to develop costumes and outfits for themes that interest them.
Here are some ideas for homemade costume projects for teenagers or pre-teens, where you need a male and female (or simply a couple):
- King Arthur, Guinevere, and Sir Lancelot
- Romeo and Juliet
- Cleopatra and Mark Antony
- Napoleon and Josephine
- Bonnie and Clyde
Here are some ideas for DIY costumes for Wild West Women And Men:
- Annie Oakley
- Billy the Kid
- Calamity Jane
- Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday
Historical Periods and Themes
- Roaring ‘20s
- The 1980s
- Wild West
- Industrial Revolution
- Cave Man and Cave Woman
- World War II
- Gilded Age
- French Empire
- Cold War
- Space Age
But how do you go about making these homemade costumes based on historical figures or time periods?
- Select a few different ideas
- Print out or draw the types of clothes or materials you will need for each choice
- Review the home supplies you have on hand
- See which supplies you have that can best be used for your choices
- Make sure adults are assisting with cutting or assembling
- Start the cutting or putting together of your items to match your designs
These are just a few ideas on how you can select a theme, design a costume or outfit, and then start the process to put it all together. You can stretch our the process over a few weeks or a month so nobody feels pressure to get it done. Have a lot of fun with this and take plenty of photos of your progress.