The entire world seems to be stopping, if not collapsing. Whole countries are being shut down and people are being required to self-quarantine or isolate themselves and their families from others.
We have not encountered this before as a planet, as a group of billions of individuals with different cultures and beliefs. We are faced with a mountain of uncertainty and bad news seems to keep coming minute by minute, second by second.
What can we do?
I’ll tell you what we can do.
Like the song goes, we can keep on keeping on.
- Tell your family members that you love them
- Remind others that we are strong and persistent
- Believe that we are resilient
- Show your friends and neighbors that you care about them
- Be productive and create things or fix things
- Stay active online with work or future employment opportunities
- Keep up on your business networking
- Build your online business or create one
- Do crafts and stay creative
- Repurpose your old clothes
- Keep focusing on your future
- Study hard and test each other
- Make sure you and your children read books
- Find free online e-books and e-magazines
- Stay mentally tough
- Plan for tomorrow
- Love yourself
- Remind yourself that others love you
- Tell others that you love them
- Smile and mean it
- Say nice things and mean it
- Be positive and truly mean it
We are going through some incredibly difficult times and things are not going to get easier for an extended period of time. We need to follow the orders of our local, state, and national governments and do what we are asked to do. We can get through this and we will survive and be stronger than ever.
We cannot panic. We just can’t do that. Look around and think of all the people that you love and what you can do to help them. Think constructively about how you can help.
The sun will come up tomorrow. When it does, we need to be ready and focused on creating a great present day and a wonderful future for our children.
Keep on keepin’ on.