A lot of people think that beauty is only skin deep. They think that the only think that matters is your outward appearance.
They couldn’t be more wrong.
We all need to take care of our bodies and how we present ourselves, of course. This is the way of the world. Looking neat and nice helps in all kinds of ways.
But there is also inter beauty and that matters tremendously. Inner beauty is the happiness you have for life and the goodness that you feel about yourself every day of the year.
Does inner beauty matter? If course it does. Have you ever been around someone who was attractive on the outside but their inner beauty, or lack thereof, made you want to get away from them? I have seen this happen a few times.
How can we maintain and grow our inner beauty?
- Love yourself. The first and most important thing you can do is love and care for your own self.
- Love others. The next step is to have love in your heart and mind for others, especially close friends and family.
- Be positive. There is a lot of things happening in the world, and not all of it is wonderful. Keep a positive perspective and believe that you can improve your position and outcome.
- Have a kind heart. This is a key ingredient in the path to inner joy and beauty, the part where you have and show the kindness deep down in your heart.
- Be considerate. Lastly, find ways to be considerate. You don’t have to do too much, but the little bits of consideration you can show really do matter.
These are just a few ways to work on your inner beauty. There are countless other things you can do to find your own beauty and the loveliness that can be discovered in others and in the world itself.
Our outward appearance and how we present ourselves to others does matter a lot, but that is not the most important thing. When we love ourselves and others too, that beauty will shine through and be seen by others.