Instead of buying more stuff, you may want to consider using your money for wonderful memories.
- A walk on the beach
- Hiking a trail
- Enjoying some mountain vistas
- Birdwatching or building a little birdhouse
- Playing cards or board games
- Learning a trick
- Building your foreign language skills
- Making new friends
- Having some relaxing fun with your significant other
Life is more than just the accumulation of things that are later tossed into the box to be donated to charity. There are so many wonderful moments that do not involve the purchase of something.
- Tell an interesting story
- Meet a friend for coffee
- Learn how to start a business
- Spend time in a garden
So if you have the chance, have a little fun that does not involve shopping or going to a store. You will soon see that the most amazing memories are those fun events that do not cost even a single penny.