It is a good idea to stay physically fit and get regular exercise. Yes, this is a commonly accepted fact, especially if you live a sedentary lifestyle or sit a lot at home or at work.
But what about mental exercises? Those are important too, especially these days when hundreds of millions of people are required to stay home and not do all of the fun outgoing social things they like to do around other people, like frolic at the beach, or attend fun parties, or dance the night away.
These days you have to do mental exercises or whatever it takes to keep your mind active and engaged in productive projects, ideas, or solutions. It is too easy to fall into a quicksand of doubt, despair, and despondency. There often seems to be no answer to the events ad troubles that surround you and the walls feel like they are closing in on you.
You need to do whatever it takes to keep your mind and brain from weakening from lack of use. It doesn’t mean you have to do create math algorithms all day, no not at all. Give yourself some fun every once in a while. As you know, all work and no play is no way to live.
Here are some suggestions:
- Keep your body moving
- Eat healthy foods and plenty of water
- Read the news while standing up
- Do puzzles and not the easy ones
- Solve some complicated math problems
- Do things in the garden with your hands
- Play board games and try to win
- Stand up more and enjoy it
- Find some chores to do
- Bake a cake or pie (and share it)
- Learn a new computer software
- Teach yourself to code
- Do yoga by yourself or with others
- Be physically intimate with the right person
- Practice speaking another language and get better at it
- Learn to read body language and get it right
- Build something fun (like a birdhouse)
- Smile and mean it. Your mind can tell the difference.
- Dance with your lover with the music on in the background
Remember to give these tips a try in your daily life. With the loss of a normal schedule that you’re used to, with mentally strenuous work followed by breaks throughout the day, it is easy for your mind to shift into neutral. Don’t let that happen to you.
If you have extra time throughout the day while at home, keep moving around, keep doing things, and keep busy. Your mind and brain will have plenty of time to rest when you go to sleep at night.