There is a lot on your mind these days. And I can bet that stress and worry have both found a place in your thoughts.
It is important to remember to do your best at staying calm, treating others well, and having a positive attitude. That is easier said than done.
If the fog of worry and fret has started to descend upon you and your life, here are some suggestions for you:
- Say thank you.
- Say I love you.
- Say that we will get by.
- Say hello, how are you doing? And listen to the answer, and read between the lines if you think the words do not match the emotions.
- Say that we have a roof over our heads and always will, no matter what.
- Say that you have an extra room to the family member on the phone who is worried about being evicted or foreclosed. Say that you mean it and that you’re holding it for them. Say that you want them, including spouse and children, to use the room. Say it again and again until they believe it. And then say it again so they never forget it.
- Say that it’s a beautiful day, the sun is shining, and we have our health, and come heaven or high water we are going to make it in this world.
- Say that you heard of someone who works somewhere and he said they are hiring and can you call this number right now to set up an appointment so you can get hired and start work bright and early tomorrow morning.
- Say that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, and blessed be the name of the Lord.
We need to remind ourselves that all things will pass in time, including these difficult situations in which we find ourselves. Do your best to bring out the joy in yourself and others every single day of the year. We need you more than ever before. Where is that smile and positive attitude? There it is.