Life is not easy these days. Every day seems to bring more news about these businesses closing or those industries collapsing. It’s hard to watch sometimes.
If you are still working, you are one of the lucky ones. Keep at it and do a good job every day.
If you are working fewer hours or not working at all, make sure you express your willingness to get back to work right away. Keep looking for other opportunities if you can.
Regardless of status, now is the time to keep a watchful eye on your family finances and make sure you are doing your budgeting.
Here are some savings tips:
- Keep saving
- If you can’t save as much as before, set aside a smaller amount or lower percentage per month
- Find cheaper alternatives for the things you regularly purchase
- Cook more at home and have a good time doing it
- Eat out less often. You don’t have to stop this completely. Rather, try to reduce the frequency of it.
- Keep contributing to your retirement accounts, or reduce as needed
- Develop a side hustle to get extra income and save that money
- Enjoy less expensive vacations, like trips to the beach
Hopefully you can use these tips. Try to build up your budgeting and saving skills as best you can. Every little bit helps as we get through these difficult times.
If you have complicated finances or you are worried about foreclosures or evictions, you might need to talk to a financial advisor or professional. Make sure you do this right away before matters get worse.