When things get difficult, as they seem to be getting, make sure you have a way of making ends meet. If you lose your job or employment, make sure you start right away at finding a new position.
Keep looking in your same profession. If at all possible, keep trying to find work in the career in which you have the most experience. Your odds are great if you keep trying in your same field.
If you find yourself in need of work but can’t leave your home, for reasons like child care or lack of transportation, then you need to narrow your focus on different types of work.
There are lots of side hustles and side gigs that you can do to keep busy and keep getting money coming in. Believe me, the lack of a job will result in strain in your relationships, so you need to maximize your energies as much as possible on finding real ways to earn cash.
What are some types of work-from-home positions that you can do? Well, there are many types. The best advice is to search for these right away to secure them while they’re still available.
- Customer Service Agent. There are companies that allow their telephone agents to work from home. You will need a telephone, computer, or both. And you must have a quiet work area.
- Sales Agent. Are you good at selling things such as products or services? If so, you will likely have employment for life because there is always a strong need for people with these skills. Sales are hugely important for businesses, and good salespeople are hard to find.
- Handyman or Handywoman. There is a big need for people who can fix things, who have mechanical skills, and who offer reasonable rates. You don’t have to start a big corporation to start this. Just pick up the phone and start calling your relatives, and if you do this then the worst that can happen is the relatives will be happy that you called. A lot of people miss their relatives.
- Online listings for sale. Do you have a camera and internet connection? If so, that’s about all you need to start posting things for sale. Make sure you have a reasonable price and list the dimensions and condition. If you don’t feel safe, ask to meet the seller or buyer at a police station that has a designated place for safe sales transactions.
- Intimate Adult Phone Line. I have heard that some businesses hire adults do phone work at home. I don’t know much about this so you will need to do your research on this. But always be safe and never give out your personal information.
- Party host. Are you social by nature and do you have a large home or big space? If so, lots of people want a place to have a meeting, birthday, or other big event, and they would like a host as well.
- Photographer. If you do great photos and have professional cameras, you can start a little side business as a personal photographer for events like weddings of anniversaries. Make sure you specify your fees and other requirements.