A lot of people suggest doing what you love because then you can get really excited about getting up in the morning and going to work. Life becomes fun when you can’t wait to start on your projects and tasks.
These days we don’t have much choice in that we need to do anything and everything we can to make money. If you regular job is gone and you have been furloughed or let go, then it might be the perfect time to put in more effort to your passions.
Here are some ideas about how you can grow your passion into something that produces income:
- Plants and trees. Are you good with growing things? Keep working at this and one day you could start a plant nursery. I’ve met people who do this and they seem really happy and enjoy their work a lot.
- Books. Are you passionate about reading and you seem to acquire books wherever you go? I hope so because books are awesome and reading is great. You can always find ways to sell your books. And if you’re a book collector, you might stumble upon some rare editions that are worth a lot of money.
- Desserts. Do you like cookies,cakes, and pies? Yes, I confess that I do. There is money to be made in baking cookies and packaging them to sell to friends and family members.
- Driving. Sometimes I really love to drive and get out on the streets. Not all of the time, of course. Others enjoy it too. That’s good news because there is plenty of work in transportation and delivery these days.
- Online teaching. If you are great with group meetings on the internet and you thrive on helping others, you should be able to find a position these days. There is a big demand for those with experience in online education and teaching.
With extra time on your hands, sit down and plan how the things you are passionate about can lead to ways to make money.
Try to channel your energies and intensity toward what you love to do. You might be surprised at how one day you could have a full-time career that you love.