It is easy to get sad these days because things are not going like people want them to go. A lot of things are out of our control and it can feel frustrating. It is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I have news for you. Sometimes good things happen to everyone. Yes, it rains on the just and the unjust, and that means that every once in a while a great exciting unexpected positive event can come out of the blue and put a big smile on your face.
Here are some wonderful things that can happen to you:
- You could be on a game show and win big money, or if you lose you might still get a consolation prize
- You could enter a contest and win a free vacation
- You could enter a fashion design competition and go to Fashion Week
- You could win a brand new car or truck
- You could go to a sports game, get selected randomly, and go on the court and nail a three-point shot and win thousands of dollars
- Your child could win a huge academic college scholarship
- Your child’s passion for baseball could get him on a college team, then a minor league team, and then on a professional baseball team
- Your son or daughter could love soccer so much that they become really good at it and then get invited to play somewhere wonderful and of course you would want to attend all of their games, even if that meant traveling all over Europe on a shoestring budget and sampling pastries and baguettes along the way
- You could win a free year-long digital subscription to your favorite newspaper
- Your wonderful garden could be featured in an awesome magazine and people would say how wonderful you are at what you do with your green thumbs
- You could win a stay at a lovely hotel with hot tub, fancy breakfast, comfy bathrobes, and soft bed with fluffy pillows
- You could win free dog toys for your favorite feline
- You could win a brand new cell phone (or mobile phone as others call it)
- You could win a free one-year fishing license in beautiful California and then you could fish and relax the days away
- You could win a free bottle of win from Napa or Sonoma with a sommelier for an hour telling you how to enjoy every minute of it
- You could win an hour of free house cleaning
- You could win free website design so you can have an awesome online presence
- You could win a five-minute call with your favorite celebrity
- You could win a sports fantasy camp
This list could go on and on, because I can certainly think of hundreds of things that can be won or given out as prizes. The point is that people win prizes all the time and hopefully you can win too.
Of course I am not suggesting that you spend money on things like lotteries or other forms of gambling. No, not at all. I recommend that you look for contests and other events that do not charge any entry fee. Find legitimate ways to win something that are not spam or do not want your important financial information.
This is just a reminder to stay positive. Try to find the good in each day. Remember that wonderful things can happen, that you don’t expect, that you may not have any idea could happen.
You could win something tomorrow, or the next day, or a year now. But you have to keep trying and keep believing that it can happen to you. And it helps if you do what you can to make it happen, like entering contests, or trying to get on game shows, or going on talent competitions, or so many other ways.