Alas, send for my hand-servant, as this avocado toast was only slightly toasted and I had declared so clearly that it needed to be toasted slightly, and thus said descriptions were never mixed up before, and my chariot that I beckoned with the command of the tip of a finger is not a deluxe version, but shared, and shalt now I be so so required mingle in said manner with the ne’er-do’wells, and my food order supplies, madam, had been beckoned by myself as well, with said promise of delivery within fourscore minutes, and the clock hands indicate that my command has been ignored..
It is important to budget and be careful with where your money is going. Budgeting requires discipline and dedication, and it often means going without. These days, being frugal is more important than ever, for millions of people around the world.
There will always be a small percentage of the world’s population that does not have to be frugal, that they can spend to their heart’s content on the fanciest of homes, cars, mobile phones, gadgets, and other conveniences. Those individuals will have their fun.
For the rest of us, we need to learn to be frugal with our money and expenses, and we must to learn in a hurry if we haven’t done so before. Here are some suggestions on how to do it:
- Don’t buy lots of new clothes. You have enough already.
- Eat healthy. Most vegetables are really affordable and super nutritious.
- Don’t buy the new mobile phone that came out this morning. The one you have works fine.
- Make your own cookies. It’s fun, less expensive, and you can save them all over the pantry.
- Don’t eat out so much. Your stove and oven miss you.
- Walk more. You get to stop and chat with that beautiful person you adore.
- Track your income and expenses. Yes, you need to face the financial facts and fess up to how many times you bought lattes with croissants this year on the way to work, and be honest about it already. Confession is good for the soul.
- Streaming services. So you say that you pay how much each month to sit on your couch and find out there’s nothing good to watch, but there are hundreds of things to watch, and half the time something will just start playing and you can’t make it stop. Come on, technology!
Give it a try and consider embracing frugality as part of your lifestyle. As Oscar Wilde once said, “Our ambition should be to rule ourselves, the true kingdom for each one of us.”