Things have changed these days for a lot of people around the world. If you were in an occupation that was deemed essential, you might be allowed to keep your job, either by going to work or by working from home. And there were others who could continue earning income by telecommuting via computer.
What if you had side hustles and side gigs that you relied on heavily for a substantial portion of your income? Well, if you are included in a stay-at-home order by your government, you may have found out that things have gotten exponentially harder for you to make money.
The reality is that any side hustle you had is now going to require massive amounts of hustle, discipline, determination, and commitment. Making money outside of regular employment, as in the gig economy, side hustles, and side gigs, is going to be challenging for a while to say the least.
What are some examples of side hustles?
- Virtual assistant
- Social media manager
- Selling things online
- Website design
- Private teacher or tutor
- Driver or delivery person
- Pet sitter
- Home design
- Maid service
- Music teacher
How do you add more hustle to your side hustle? Here are some suggestions for you:
- Wake up early
- Keep a positive attitude
- Communicate with your current clients
- Work on getting new clients
- Be flexible and nimble
- Tap into your family members and extended family to gauge their interest in your product or service
- Create a business profile online
- Keep networking on LinkedIn
- Find ways to get free advertising
- Promote your product or service on Twitter
- Plan where you want to be six months from now and one year too
- Focus on opportunities that are topical and in the news and how they relate to what you do
- Use email without spamming
- Establish sincere communications with prospective clients
- Work on ensuring that your product or service is of high quality and great value to clients and customers
- Ask for referrals from satisfied clients
- Work harder than your competitors
- Establish a brand that is unique and original
- Ask others how you can improve what you offer or how it is presented
- Have hard-copy business cards that you can give to people
Remember that eventually things will return to normal. Our economies will return to their previous strength and vigor, though it may take a while.
Make sure to give all of your effort into ways to make your side hustle increase income for you and hopefully grow into small business. Try to tap into local, state, or national resources that can help you succeed. You can do it. We can do it. So let’s hustle and get it done.