It is time to get creative about your vacations and your time off from the world and everything else
Remember the good old days when you could just pack up the sedan and drive across the state to your favorite amusement place or national park? That all seems like a distant memory and it may not be coming back any time soon.
Well, what can you do now? There are all of these lockdown rules and stay-at-home orders. Many places are closed down. Often it is just plain unsafe to go anywhere outside your own house.
Here are some things that I might do if I had the resources and it was acceptable in my area:
- Camp in a little round house on stilts between lots of tall trees and very far from anyone else
- Buy some of those big foam bricks and build forts inside my home
- Hire someone at a beach resort to walk various places and show it live on video so I can stream it on my television while I sit in a lounge chair with a margarita or pina colada
These are just a few ideas. Of course I can let my imagination go wild with other suggestions:
- If the local zoos are closed, ask them if they could put a video camera on a rover and remotely drive it around the zoo
- Or maybe there’s a way for me to remotely drive a go-cart on a track somewhere
Vacationing seems like a thing of the past, a luxury that we all believed always would be available to us, kind of like the sun and moon. It feels like it is gone now, but don’t worry.
Like the darkest nights without sun or moon, the wonderful sun will rise again. Big family vacations will come back to us and we will never take them for granted again.