There are many ways you give value and show support in real life
These days it is hard to browse any website without being asked to join, sign up, or pay for a subscription. I get it, because the economics of the world mean that expenses are high and income is not enough.
But what if we were in some alternate universe where you made your living solely from being paid by subscribers? That reality is getting closer and closer, and it is already here in some manner.
What would it be like if you had to show value by providing content for others in exchange for cash payments? I mean, think what you might need to give to your subscribers.
- Humor. Can you find the humor in life and spread some good cheer as needed? People need this in their lives. If someone was willing to pay a subscription for you to give them a little bit of fun, could you do it? In real life, we need people to be able to laugh at themselves or just be open to enjoying funny events.
- Love. Goodness, I’m only talking about the general meaning of emotional love here. In healthy relationships, people love each other and are comfortable being honest and direct because there is a foundation of love. There might be ways that people could subscribe to and receive emotional love on an as-needed basis.
- Emotional support. Are you able to give encouragement to others in their time of need and really be there for them when it is crucial? If people were paying for you to provide this as a service, they would want you to be punctual about this. They would need you to provide it right away sometimes.
- Encouragement. When people get down, they need to be encouraged to keep going. You probably already know how to sense this need in others. The right words are crucial here, both in real life and in your role as being paid by your subscribers.
- Career advice. People of all ages need career advice or support. Do you do this already? I don’t mean suggestions like make a ton of money doing this job in some far off place, but probing help like finding out what motivates a person and how to match that with a career position.
- Exercise and fitness. A lot of people already pay for a fitness guide or health professional to help them at the gym. But people also need this in their daily life, like in reminders to eat right and stay away from sweets. More and more people are likely willing to be a paid subscriber to those who can offer this service.
There are a lot of other ways that you might end up in the profession of being subscribed to, of renting out your professional services for different slots of time. This is an occupation that already exists in some ways, and it is likely to expand in the future.
There are so many methods to show real value, real positive value, in your relationships and your life. There is no need to go overboard or to ask for credit for everything you do. And of course you need to make sure efforts are noticed and appreciated.
Think of the person you are and the role you have in your relationships. Are there opportunities for you to be different and to give more than you take? Of course there are.
We just have to take mental note of how we stand and what we provide in our relationships. There is no need to try to measure the relative weight of what we do. No, not at all.
Maybe all we need to do is give a little more than what we do not, but make sure we really contribute and show real value.