Do not even think about hitting the big snooze button because it’s time to go to work
The writing alarm is beeping.
Beep, beep, beep.
It’s going to keep on beeping until you walk across the room, turn on the computer, and open a blank document so you are ready to go.
Then you can turn off the alarm.
JUST START WRITING
A lot of people get writer’s block and that’s perfectly normal. After all, writing is creating something new out of thin air. It’s hard work and there is no way around it.
Once you start writing, it might be the case that you don’t have a topic and don’t know what to do.
It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.
After all, there are some strategies that can help.
- Just type. That’s easy enough so it’s worth a try. Just start typing away and get the ball rolling. Maybe you will find a topic soon enough.
- Don’t think too much. If you are trying to force things, it can be no fun at all. And you should definitely be having fun as a writer, as much as possible.
- Talk more. I’ve found that dialogue is both fun to read and fun to write, so definitely quote somebody or say something yourself that is quotable.
Things are urgent. It’s true because look at how short life can be and how opportunities can be so fleeting. One window opens but it can close so very rapidly. A small decision here can lead to big results over there.
Decisions matter and you can write about them whenever you please.
- How to survive
- Ways to look attractive
- Getting big discounts
- How to fix things
- Ways you can help
- Ideas about caring for people
- Animal tips and suggestions
The good thing about a noisy alarm is that they make you do something to turn them off. You have to get up.
Turning it off should be your mental note to turn on your writing and get started on a new day. Medium is waiting for you.
There are plenty of things to write about today and every day. If you can’t think of anything, ponder the uniqueness of where you live and your local customs. Share your world by writing about it.